How to use nudging to create positive changes in your daily life
Why do my colleagues never answer my emails on time? And why is my phone buzzing with calls from customers looking for information that is already on our website? Are the questions that you sometimes ask yourself? The answers to these questions, and many more, can be found in behavioural insights collected over 40 years. These insights explain the psychological mechanisms at play when we sometimes seem to make not the best choices
What you get
- You will learn about the basic theories behind nudging.
- You will learn from exciting cases from real life where nudging and behavioural insights have been used in practice.
- You will get training in identifying and concretising a behavioural problem through a behavioural pattern description, which is an indispensable tool for getting clarity on what you want to change.
- You will get an introduction to how nudging can be used in real contexts and how the effects of nudges can be tested and measured.
More about the content
Learn more about what nudging is. We are not super rational people who make perfect decisions based on a full picture as we might like to imagine ourselves. Instead, we are human beings who are very easily influenced by factors that should not matter in principle but do in practice.
Nudging is an exciting approach to changing behaviour in an appropriate direction without using sticks, carrots, or finger-wagging. Instead, active knowledge of people’s irrationality is used to influence their behaviour.
The course is for those who only know a little about nudging or are entirely new to the concept.
Content on the day
- Introduction to the theory behind nudging and behavioural insights.
- Examples of nudges from projects.
- How you can identify a behavioural problem through a behavioural pattern description (Case work in groups)
- How you can work with nudging going forward
iNudgeyou is a research company specialising in applied behavioural research, with the sole aim of developing and communicating evidence-based strategies for pro-social purposes. After 12 years of hard work, iNudgeyou is considered one of the leading nudge centres in Europe.
Internationally, the team has advised, prepared reports etc. for the OECD, the World Bank, and the European Commission. Nationally, the team has managed several projects along with both public and private institutions.
The team’s experiences span a wide range of experiments and projects, all of which have the common component of researching and developing strategies and insights for pro-social behavioural initiatives.
All theories and cases presented in the course are supported by real evidence. At the same time, they are also good at presenting even the most complex behavioural insights with a good dose of humour and depth to arouse the participants’ curiosity on a genuine basis.
You can cancel free of charge up to 14 days before the event is held. If you cancel later, we will not refund your participation fee.